High Park is planning a return to the field with rep teams in all age groups in 2022. This includes a 12-year-old team that would take part in qualifying tournaments to represent Canada at the Little League World Series.
Like Little League organizations all over the world, rep teams across Canada didn’t play because of uncertainty around public health and travel restrictions. A closed US border effectively turned away all non-American teams from the Little League World Series.
Little League rules do not allow us to hold try-outs for rep teams until next year, but end-of-season workouts in October will help give coaches a look at potential players when they are at their best, in advance of the 2022 season. Sessions are open to any registered High Park player on a 2021 roster. Actual try outs to choose rep rosters will happen next spring. You must be a High Park player on a house league roster at try-out time to qualify.
All workouts will he held at Ernie Keith Field in High Park, and no registration is required.
Current 7s (next year’s 8s):
- Saturday, October 2, 2-4 pm
- Sunday, October 3, 2-4 pm
Current 8s (next year’s 9s):
- Saturday, October 2, 4-6 pm
- Monday, October 4, 6-8 pm
Current 9s (next year’s 10s):
- Sunday, October 3, 4-6 pm
- Wednesday, October 6, 6-8 pm
Current 10s (next year’s 11s):
- Saturday, October 2, 6-8 pm
- Tuesday, October 5, 6-8 pm (combined with current 11s)
- Thursday, October 7, 6-8 pm (combined with current 11s)
Current 11s (next year’s 12’s):
- Sunday, October 3, 6-8 pm
- Tuesday, October 5, 6-8 pm (combined with current 10s)
- Thursday, October 7th, 6-8 pm (combined with current 10s)
** Please note that Little League age is defined by a child’s age as of September 1. Please consult the attached age chart or use this link to confirm which session you should attend.