High Park Little League is committed to inclusion. As an organization, we’re dedicated to providing all members of our baseball and T-Ball community with an inclusive environment that is safe, affordable and fun. We value and respect the diversity of our players, families, coaches, umpires, volunteers and board of directors.
We know that achieving inclusion requires us to be courageous: mindful of our own biases and willing to challenge each other. Our commitment to inclusion begins with our board of directors and continues every day through the actions of every member of our community. We strive to become more inclusive of diversity while upholding the spirit and rules of the game.
In all decisions, on and off the field of play, we intentionally pursue inclusion and do not tolerate discrimination based on gender, gender identity or expression, race, ethic origin, colour, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, age, disability, or lived experience.
We pursue our inclusion goals through the following actions:
- Maximizing the number of channels through which we promote our league – particularly player registration – to reach the broadest audience possible.
- Electing board members, selecting coaches, hiring umpires, and encouraging players who bring greater diversity and enhance inclusion in our league.
- Keeping our player registration fees as low as possible to keep participation affordable for as many as possible.
- Creating an Access to Play initiative that dedicates roster spots and provides equipment to select players at no cost.
- Sharing this Statement of Inclusion with our entire community and beginning all league meetings and events with a reminder of the league’s commitment to inclusion.