High Park Little League holds its Annual General Meeting on Monday, November 15 from 7-9 pm. A Zoom link will be sent by TeamSnap to all 2021 league participants including players and coaches.
If you do not get a secure login link via TeamSnap, or you’re a member of the community who would like to attend, request one from HighParkBaseball@gmail.com.
What happens at the AGM?
- Year in review from the board of directors and Little League Canada representatives including the league’s annual financial statement
- Discussion of important league developments over the past year
- Introduction of new changes for the league, or those that may be discussed for the next season
- Election of the new board of directors and league executives.
What does the board of directors do?
- The board organizes league activities and sets policies and procedures for everything from player evaluations, rules of play, scheduling, league structure and health and safety protocols
- Attends the park as executive on duty during games and other activities at the park to ensure safety and other protocols are followed, and be a resource for coaches and umpires
- Serves as official scorer for playoff games, helps with field set up, maintenance and other related activities around the park to help keep games running smoothly
- It is the league’s steward for finances and programs, including rules of play, fees and financial assistance
- Works with Little League Canada to provide a local voice to the national program and maintain High Park’s standing to compete in qualifying tournaments for the Little League World Series.
Who can be a member of the board?
- Anyone who lives or works in the High Park Little League service area can be nominated and elected to the board
- Anyone at the meeting can nominate or second a candidate. Electors are the head coaches (or their proxies) from each baseball and T-Ball team, and outgoing board members
- Board members are volunteers and serve for a one-year term. There are 10 members including a president, vice president of T-Ball, vice president of baseball, treasurer, secretary, and six directors at large. Most members-at-large have portfolios such as communications, safety and field maintenance.
Interested in joining the board? Email us at HighParkBaseball@gmail.com and someone will be in touch to discuss more details.