Online registration for the 2021 High Park Little League season will open for returning player in late January and in early February for new players.
We’d love for you to join us for the 2021 season. Before you start the online registration process, here’s a quick overview of what to expect:
- Little League players are 9-12 yrs. old. Your child’s age is determined by their age on August 31, 2021. Please confirm the age of your child to ensure their eligibility before registering (see age eligibility and divisions on right side of this page)
- A RETURNING player is defined as one who was an active player in High Park Little League during the 2020 season.
Players new to Little League
- Player evaluations are required for players moving up from the High Park T-Ball program as well as for new players aged 9-12. A new player includes those players who are moving up from the High Park T-Ball program, or those who were not an active player in High Park Little League during the 2020 season. RETURNING players are excluded since they are already placed on a team.
- Please note: Due to limited capacity, resources and high demand, NEW players will be drafted on a team based on the available spots remaining.
What other requirements should I consider before registering my child?
- Your child must reside or attend school within the High Park LL boundaries. Players must reside or attend school within our boundaries of South of Lawrence Avenue to Lake Ontario, between the east side of Etobicoke Creek and west side of Bayview Avenue.
- If NEW or a T-ball graduate, the child must be evaluated and drafted to a team. Please note: RETURNING Little League players are guaranteed a spot on a team. Due to limited capacity, resources and high demand, NEW players will be drafted based on the available spots remaining.
- For more information on the baseball programs affiliated with High Park please click here.
Will my child need to be evaluated?
If your child is a RETURNING player from a Minor or Major division team, your child does not need to be evaluated. Minor players entering the Major division in 2021 will be placed with their affiliate Major team. (e.g. Player from the Monarchs Minor division team will be placed with the Cubs Major division team).
Graduated T-ball players and New players to High Park Little League will need to be evaluated and drafted to a team. Please note: RETURNING Little League players are guaranteed a spot on a team. Due to limited capacity, resources and high demand, players will be drafted based on the available spots remaining.
Players should plan to attend both evaluation sessions for their age group.
EVALUATION DATES AND TIMES TBD: (players must be registered before attending evaluations)
What does the registration fee include?
Registration fee of $250.00 will provide each player with a team baseball cap, baseball pants, socks, warm-up shirt and a team photo which they will get to keep (team jersey and belt will need to be returned at end of the season). They will also be invited to High Park Little League’s annual end-of-season banquet. All players will be scheduled to play 21 House League games, practices and play-off games at the Ernie Keith Field at High Park. Registration fees also cover a portion of park permit fees, administration fees, and field maintenance. HPLL also relies on sponsorship and fundraising to cover remaining costs. All High Park Little League’s administration, operations, maintenance and coaching are run by volunteers. Please note, if a player is chosen to join one of High Park All-Star rep teams there will be additional fees to cover tournament costs.
When are the games played?
Opening day to start off the 2021 regular season is expected to be in early May. This will be the beginning of a 21 game house league. These games may be scheduled Monday to Friday at 6 pm (for Minor division games) or 8 pm (for Major division games). Games that may be scheduled on the weekends can start as early as 9 am with the last game at 3 pm. All games are played at Ernie Keith field at High Park. Practices can be scheduled during the week or on the weekend at High Park or various other fields in the area as determined by the coach. The regular season ends Labour Day weekend in September with playoff games starting mid-September and the championships end of September. It is important that all players are committed to attend their team’s scheduled games. Failure to do so, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, may lead to exclusion from playing during playoff games.
I would like to volunteer, what can I do?
High Park Little League is run by volunteers. Every year we get tremendous help from the volunteer time and energy given by parents, coaches, friends and High Park community members. We always welcome any volunteer assistance. Are you a student looking for volunteer credit or looking to gain administrative, social media, or organizational leadership experience? Maybe you possess special skills that can be useful during the many games, events and activities held by High Park Little League. Let us know. We appreciate the extra help. Want to give back to the community but not sure how to help? We have various committees that are looking for additional volunteers to help with the many task and projects planned. They include coaching, team manager, scorekeeper, field maintenance, equipment, sponsorship, fundraising, social media, Opening Day, Photo Day, Banquet and clubhouse maintenance. Speak to a Board member during registration to get more information.
I still have some questions, who can I contact?
If you still need more information concerning registration or have additional questions, please email us at HPBBallinfo@gmail.com For more information on High Park Little League follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HighParkLittleLeague and Twitter @HighParkBasebal.